In launching the Synagro website, I encountered an issue in which going to synagro.com properly redirected to www.synagro.com in Firefox, but did not in Chrome and Edge. After a timeout period, Chrome would display the following message:
This site can't be reached
synagro.com's server DNS address could not be found.
Search Google for synagro
I added the non-www to www redirect rule in HTACCESS, but that did not resolve the issue. I started to think maybe there was a DNS issue, but I couldn’t understand why it worked in Firefox. A friend of mine investigated the A records for the domain and added a new record leaving the subdomain blank and having the IP address for the new record match the IP address for the
That fixed the issue — the non-www to www redirect works in Chrome and Edge. I still can’t explain why Firefox always worked — perhaps a stricter content or redirect policy in Chrome and Edge.