I’m currently the Chief Technology Officer at Syndicus NACON, an IT staffing and consulting company based in Maryland. I evaluate technology to improve productivity for our recruiters and manage the product roadmap for our VirtualOnDemand cyber range software. I am also the owner of Bmore Creative, Inc., a web company with the particular niche of providing branding and design agencies with front-end and back-end development services. In the recent past, I served as Technical Editor on a Joomla book for beginners, completed the development on the National Air Traffic Controllers Association website, and maintain a couple of popular open source projects.
Chief Technology Officer • Syndicus NACON
- Serves in a key executive leadership role, overseeing all technical components and technology advancements, providing clear and strategic analysis to ensure Syndicus NACON is well equipped to explore new directions and embrace new concepts.
- Building on over 15 years of experience in software engineering and development, cyber security compliance, quality assurance/control and relationship building, delivers a vision for growth and business development as well as maintain a standard of excellence in quality and customer retention.
Director of Product Development • Syndicus NACON
- Manage the product roadmap for our VirtualOnDemand cyber range software. This involves outlining development priorities, drafting requirements documents, building and maintaining the UI pattern library, enforcing accessibility standards, incorporating customer requests, and overseeing the monthly software release cycle.
- Conducted holistic technology review for the company. Implementing efficiencies through software integration and streamlining business processes eliminated 10 hours per week for the financial controller and 4 hours per week for the recruiting staff in repetitive tasks, allowing them to focus on higher priority items.
- Successfully implemented an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) for the recruiting, sales, and operations staff. This implementation involved establishing key performance indicators specific to the hiring process, conducting market research, writing a formal recommendation, and negotiating the best and final offer from the chosen vendor.
- Supervise 5-person development and engineering team. This involves managing the priorities and schedules for our senior software architect, Red Hat Linux engineer, database engineer, quality assurance engineer, and technical writer. In addition, this involves balancing customer requirements and R&D efforts, ensuring that the team meets contract thresholds while still advancing the VirtualOnDemand cyber range software.
- Primary liaison for our largest DoD customer.
Multimedia Designer • U.S. Foodservice
Development and maintenance of CD-ROM based training application for the sales force.
Owner • Bmore Creative, Inc.
Collaborate with and manage designers and application developers to deliver quality websites that address client requirements.
Project Management Professional
BA in Imaging and Digital Arts
Joomla! 3 Boot Camp: 30-Minute Lessons to Joomla! 3 Mastery by Robin Turner and Herb Boeckenhaupt
- Served as Technical Editor
Picture Yourself Building a Web Site with Joomla! 1.6: Step-by-Step Instruction for Creating a High Quality, Professional-Looking Site by Robin Turner and Herb Boeckenhaupt
- Served as Technical Editor
Open Source Projects
A-Z Directory: Directory-style layout for your Joomla contacts
Over 3,800 downloads, actively maintained across 42 version releases, averaging over 50 downloads a month, 100% rating from over 20 user reviews, translated into Dutch, French, and Spanish.
Petfinder: A Joomla module to display the latest adoptable pets from a shelter.
Over 400 downloads, actively maintained across 11 version releases.
I have a broad understanding of the full Open Web Stack of technologies, including:
- HTML5 and related APIs
I also have extensive experience with the WordPress and Joomla Content Management Systems.
References are available upon request.