Joomla’s Email Protection Script in an AJAX Response

jQuery is great. In previous posts, I have written at length about my admiration for jQuery and how it helped lay the foundation for modern Javascript with it’s intuitive API. I was using jQuery for my AZDirectory module for things like event handlers and AJAX calls. I wanted to remove the jQuery dependency, and replacing that functionality with vanilla Javascript was pretty straightforward. I ran into a huge roadblock, however.

Continue reading “Joomla’s Email Protection Script in an AJAX Response”

The National Air Traffic Controllers Association

This is my first post since July. I’ve been working almost exclusively on the development and build for the National Air Traffic Controllers Association (NATCA) website. As with projects of this caliber, I like to do a thorough write-up of my experiences during the process — the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Continue reading “The National Air Traffic Controllers Association”

The A-Z Directory Module – Version 5.3.5

Engaging with the open source community continues to be an extremely rewarding experience. I have used the open source Joomla and WordPress content management systems to run a small web development business and the A-Z Directory module for Joomla is my contribution back to the community.

Over the past 2 weeks, I have had the privilege to work with Roman Zipaj and the team at the Natural Resources Institute, University of Greenwich on a security-related matter with the module.

Continue reading “The A-Z Directory Module – Version 5.3.5”

Sunsetting LinkedIn Company Updates

With regret, I am no longer able to support the LinkedIn Company Updates Joomla module. Originally published in March 2016, the version 1.0 of the LinkedIn API that it was built upon has been deprecated. In order to use version 2.0, and specifically to use the r_organization_social permission, I had to submit an application to access LinkedIn’s Marketing Developer Program. Today, I learned that my application was declined. LinkedIn does not provide additional information other than:

“We are unable to grant your app access to the Marketing Developer Platform at this time.”

I am saddened by this news. The LinkedIn Company Updates module had a good, 3-year run, with 12 version releases and over 200 downloads during that time.