This is my first post since July. I’ve been working almost exclusively on the development and build for the National Air Traffic Controllers Association (NATCA) website. As with projects of this caliber, I like to do a thorough write-up of my experiences during the process — the good, the bad, and the ugly.Continue reading “The National Air Traffic Controllers Association”
Engaging with the open source community continues to be an extremely rewarding experience. I have used the open source Joomla and WordPress content management systems to run a small web development business and the A-Z Directory module for Joomla is my contribution back to the community.
Over the past 2 weeks, I have had the privilege to work with Roman Zipaj and the team at the Natural Resources Institute, University of Greenwich on a security-related matter with the module.Continue reading “The A-Z Directory Module – Version 5.3.5”
Using IntersectionObserver and some extra DOM elements called sentinels to detect when an element becomes sticky.Continue reading “Sentinels”
With regret, I am no longer able to support the LinkedIn Company Updates Joomla module. Originally published in March 2016, the version 1.0 of the LinkedIn API that it was built upon has been deprecated. In order to use version 2.0, and specifically to use the
r_organization_social permission, I had to submit an application to access LinkedIn’s Marketing Developer Program. Today, I learned that my application was declined. LinkedIn does not provide additional information other than:
“We are unable to grant your app access to the Marketing Developer Platform at this time.”
I am saddened by this news. The LinkedIn Company Updates module had a good, 3-year run, with 12 version releases and over 200 downloads during that time.
I had a situation where images in flexbox containers were not behaving responsively, in that they did not scale proportionately depending on viewport width.Continue reading “Images not Scaling Correctly in Flexbox Containers”